martedì 18 luglio 2006

Senza titolo (e senza parole)

Bush: Yo, Blair. How are you doing?
Blair: I’m just...
Bush: You’re leaving?
Blair: No, no, no not yet. On this trade thingy... [inaudible]
Bush: Yeah, I told that to the man.
Blair: Are you planning to say that here or not?
Bush: If you want me to.
Blair: Well, it’s just that if the discussion arises...
Bush: I just want some movement.
Blair: Yeah.
Bush: Yesterday we didn’t see much movement.
Blair: No, no, it may be that it’s not, it may be that it’s impossible.
Bush: I am prepared to say it.
Blair: But it’s just I think what we need to be an opposition.
Bush: Who is introducing the trade.
Blair: Angela.
Bush: Tell her to call ’em.
Blair: Yes.
Bush: Tell her to put him on them on the spot. Thanks for the sweaters, it’s awfully thoughtful of you.
Blair: It’s a pleasure.
Bush: I know you picked it out yourself.
Blair: Oh, absolutely, in fact I knitted it myself.
Bush: Right... What about Kofi? That seems odd. I don’t like the sequence of it. His attitude is basically ceasefire and everything else happens.
Blair: I think the thing that is really difficult is you can’t stop this unless you get this international presence agreed...
Bush: Yeah.
Blair: I don’t know what you guys have talked about, but as I say I am perfectly happy to try and see what the lie of the land is, but you need that done quickly because otherwise it will spiral.
Bush: I think Condi is going to go pretty soon.
Blair: But that’s, that’s, that’s all that matters. But if you, you see it will take some time to get that together.
Bush: Yeah, yeah.
Blair: But at least it gives people...
Bush: It’s a process, I agree. I told her your offer to...
Blair: Well... it’s only if I mean... you know. If she’s got a... or if she needs the ground prepared as it were... Because obviously if she goes out, she’s got to succeed, if it were, whereas I can go out and just talk.
Bush: You see, the... thing is what they need to do is to get Syria, to get Hezbollah to stop doing this shit and it’s over.
Blair: [inaudible]
Bush: [inaudible]
Blair: Syria.
Bush: Why?
Blair: Because I think this is all part of the same thing.
Bush: Yeah.
Blair: What does he think? He thinks if Lebanon turns out fine, if we get a solution in Israel and Palestine, Iraq goes in the right way...
Bush: Yeah, yeah, he is sweet.
Blair: He is honey. And that’s what the whole thing is about. It’s the same with Iraq.
Bush: I felt like telling Kofi to call, to get on the phone to Bashad [Bashir Assad] and make something happen.
Blair: Yeah.
Bush: [inaudible]
Blair: [inaudible]
Bush: We are not blaming the Lebanese government.
Blair: Is this...? (At this point Blair taps the microphone in front of him and the sound is cut.)

Thanks to Adam Cottam, Julia Alasheyeva, James Rubin and Barny Green for help compiling this.

Fonte: Sky News, 17 luglio 2006.

Nessun commento: